Lake City Y-Knot Tri 2023
The 2nd Annual Lake City Y-Knot Tri will take place at Ohuta Park on Saturday, August 12th, 2023. The event will consist of a 2.5 mile paddle on beautiful Lake Pepin, a 14 mile bike ride on a there and back route to Frontenac, and a 5K run along the river side. There are three options for registration.
1. Registrants can sign up as an individual and complete all three legs of the race; OR
2. Registrants can sign up as two person team - paddle together in a kayak or canoe and then complete the last two legs individually (participants would share the same paddle time); OR
3. Registrants can sign up on a three person relay team - each person completes one leg of the race
~There will be a limited number of kayaks available for rent and must be done at the time of registering for the triathlon. After completing the race there will be refreshments and festivities in Ohuta Park, including our annual Float-A-Palooza! Bring your beach towel, floaties, and stick around for a day at the beach!
*RACE TIMING DONE BY WAZATA TIMING*
*AWARDS* 1. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place individuals male & female in the following categories
2. Awards will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place 2 person teams
3. Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place 3 person relay teams **Any use of e-bikes prohibits participants from receiving awards**
*REGISTRATION INFORMATION* ~Online registration will be open until Thursday, August 10th at 4pm.
~All registrations after this date must be completed on-site the day of the event.
*PACKET PICK-UP* ~Packet pick-up will be held at Ohuta Park on Friday, August 11th from 5pm-7pm.
~Same day registration will be held at Ohuta Park from 7am-8:30am. *NO EARLIER*
*RACE T-SHIRTS* ~You must register online before July 27th in order to receive a race t-shirt
*RACE DAY INFORMATION* ~Parking Information: Side streets and residential area near Ohuta Park.
*Bike water stop will be at the Staehli Park rest stop
*5K water stop will be at the turn-a-round point
*Transition area located in Ohuta Park near the beach. Follow directional signs as you transition between legs of the race.